Saturday, January 31, 2009

i am phenomenal faith

I have absolutely no idea where to begin so I'll apply a technique an english teacher of mine taught me long ago and will begin at the beginning and end when I'm finished. What?! You got a problem with that?? Good. Moving on... needless to say i am phenomenal faith, that's The Phenomenal Faith- feel free to form opinions right away because I'm destined to change your mind one way or another. Soon you'll find that I'm definitely strange in a [omg that girl's a genius I hope the world realizes before she dies] kind of way.
SO, about me, I am 19, yes- just 19 but that takes nothing from my amazingness. (for those of you who believe that amazingness isn;t a word you're wrong- I made it up a loonng time ago, for those who didn't catch that- obviously you have a lot more learning to do) I do everyhting that I want and only a few things that I don't want, like work. It's weird because I tried my absolute hardest for a year to get a job but couldn't get hired then, I got one and wish I would not have gotten one at all... so is the way of the world. I work a deL!@'s call center which, oddly enough, is where I spend the majority of my time. I'm actually there more often than home. There, I listen to people complain about items they've ordered from our company because they haven't realized the importance of reading terms, conditions, policies, and procedures... I say at least 25 times a day, "Ma'am you can only use one promotion or discount per order" and listen to some forty year old bargain shopper pretend to be shocked when, in reality, every coupon she's ever clipped in her life has only been redeemable alone. I think it's just about selfishness. I mean, if we let every Begging Betty Homemaker use three discounts on her order eventually I'll be out of a job.
Beyond that, I'm an artist. Not the super-cool, I can make anything from anything, spiritual, I work with my hands, type of artist but the, geez I hope I can get good enough to make a super sweet portfolio to get into art school so that I can become one of those super-cool I can make anything from anything, spiritual, I work with my hands type of artists. I also am a writer, the type of writer that wants to be just as amazing if not better than THE Zora Neale Hurston- the best folklorist in history. It's weird because each of my siblings are musicians as along with two of my very close friends and I'm the odd ball, but I think I like it. It just is a reminder that I am very different from everyone else I know which means there is no structure for me, no mold- I'm red paint splashed across a white surface.
It took a long time to get here but one day after a lifetime of being slightly uneasy about it I realized, I can do what I want, then I did and I liked it, and I don't plan to stop ever, not ever. I share everything I want whether I'm asked or not. iamphenomenalfaith, get to know me.

No comments:

Post a Comment